Living with eye pain can be uncomfortable, but the good news is that it is rarely caused by a serious condition. Symptoms typically occurring with eye pain are swelling, blood shot eyes, aches and frequent irritation. If you are unsure what the cause may be, our optometric physician can take a look with a thorough eye examination. The most common causes for eye pain are:
- Foreign particles floating in your eye, such as mascara, dirt, a fallen eyelash, dust, etc.
- Not properly cleaning your contact lenses.
- Infections such as pink eye and styes.
- Migraines and eye-related injuries.
- Pressure from a sinus infection or glaucoma.
- Allergic reactions to medication, pollutants in the air or animals.
Whatever may be causing your eye pain, we recommend you come to see Dr. Jeffery Graf OD FAAO as soon as possible, especially if you have inflammation and a headache. When you come in for your appointment, we will make sure everything is taken care of so you can start finding relief. To book a consultation at Graf Medical Eye Care, please give us a call at 435-634-0420 and learn more about care for eye pain in St. George, Utah. We look forward to caring for you!