If you tend to experience frequent headaches, we strongly recommend coming to see Dr. Jeffery Graf OD FAAO for an examination and treatment here at Graf Medical Eye Care. Having an exam performed can help you pinpoint where your headaches are coming from. Some of the main causes of headaches we find are eye strain, dry eye, infections, injuries and other diseases. However, eye strain is the most common.
To help prevent eye strain and headaches, we recommend you:
- Take breaks away from the computer and phone when you can.
- Keep up with your water intake. If you are not a fan of water, try infusing fruit or a drink flavor packet.
- Get enough sleep and find ways to reduce stress.
- Sit up straight to maintain good posture.
- Eat well-balanced meals with healthy fats and zinc-enriched vegetables.
- Stay active by performing your favorite activities.
- Come for an eye exam to see if there are underlying health conditions or if your prescription may need an adjustment.
Ready to find relief from your headaches? Give us a call today at 435-634-0420 to schedule an appointment with our optometric physician and learn more about treating headaches in St. George, Utah. We are excited to hear from you.